Hi, I’m Kate and I’m turning 30 soon.
Specifically, on 3 April 2019. The same day Alec Baldwin turns 61.
We’re basically soul sisters.
It’s not that I’m worried about turning the big 3-0, I trust body-swap Jen Garner from the early noughties. My 30s are gonna be bomb.
That’s not what this blog’s about.
This blog is about feeling the weight of the “grown-up-ness” of 30, and allowing it to put a fire of excitement and adventure under my ass. Which does sound like something Christian Grey would be into … but this blog isn’t about T H A T either.
It’s about truly #livingyourbestlife. It’s about telling fear to piss off. And it’s about finding joy and wonder in your every day.
So – I made a list. On Pinterest. Because I’m a Millennial, and that’s what we do. (That and pay too much for avocados.)
Except I’m not going to share my list with you just yet.
It’s a secret. On a secret Pinterest board.
Over the next six months I’ll be sharing a series of blog posts about my adventures with “The List” – and together I hope we can add more adventure and laughter to our lives.
But before we get into my bucket list (minus the bucket-kicking) – I figured you might want to know a bit more about me.
Cue – another list:
10 THINGS I KATE ABOUT YOU
- I love a rom-com reference. I think we can all see that.
- I’m a mum to a little dude called Ezekiel (Zeke). He’s is 9 months old and I’m a big fan of his work.
- I live in Wellington, New Zealand. (Hobbits. Flat whites. Sheep. That sort of thing.)
- I’m married to a (total hottie) named Taka.
- I work in Communications. Because – writing.
- I’m a Christian and do a lot of volunteer work with [“YOUTHS!” – Schmidt, New Girl].
- I have a West Highland White terrier called Bucky (of the Winter Soldier persuasion).
- My eyebrows are 50% makeup at any given time.
- I think Parks and Recreation is the greatest television show ever made.
- When I grow up, I want to be like @zotheysay and @juliaveach.
I think that’s enough for now.
I’ll see you again (real) soon. Mainly because I just did the math, and I’m going to need to do about a post a week to get to 30 before I turn 30. Which you’ll remember, is literally the point of my blog.
Damnit, English nerd. Do your math next time.
[Narrator: She did in fact, not do her math next time.]